Supported Living is for people who want to live in their own home and have some support.
You choose what level of support you want
Through Supported Living we can support you to:
- Manage and learn new daily living skills, such as cooking, cleaning and managing money
- Meet new people and make friends
- Keep in touch with family and friends
- Join community activities (e.g. sports and art)
- Look for a job
- Access other community services, such as the doctors or Work and Income
Supported Living helps parents
Supported Living also supports parents who care for children with intellectual disabilities.
You are in charge, but we help you get the right support and education to be a good parent.
Who can use Supported Living?
You must be aged 17 and meet the Ministry’s Disability Support Services eligibility criteria to receive support.
How to access Supported Living
Our Supported Living service is funded by the Ministry of Health.
Talk to a Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) organisation about getting Supported Living.
Supported Living is just one of the flexible support services IDEA Services offers.